A full-day Workshop on Smart Responsive Design Patterns
In this workshop, Vitaly Friedman (editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine), will cover practical techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies you need to be aware of when working on responsive websites. From responsive modules to clever navigation patterns and web form design techniques; the workshop will provide you with everything you need to know today to start designing better responsive experiences tomorrow.
Who should attend?
The workshop is intended for intermediate/advanced designers and product managers who have an understanding of responsive design and how it works.
You will learn from mid-size and large-scale real-life projects, such as large eCommerce projects, online magazines and web applications. We won’t cover the basics, instead, the workshops covers more advanced techniques used in responsive design.
Time and Date:
Monday, December 5, 2016
09:00 – 17:00
Eretz Israel Museum
2 Haim Levanon St. Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv.
Vitaly Friedman loves beautiful content and does not give up easily. From Minsk in Belarus, he studied computer science and mathematics in Germany, discovered the passage a passion for typography, writing and design. After working as a freelance designer and developer for 6 years, he co-founded Smashing Magazine, a leading online magazine dedicated to design and web development. Vitaly is the author, co-author and editor of all Smashing books. He currently works as editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine in the lovely city of Vilnius, Lithuania.
What you’ll learn
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project
- An overview of clever practical techniques for improving UX of responsive sites including navigation and search
- Responsive Design Patterns and innovative approaches to designing ‘responsive modules’ such as mega-drop downs, tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps, carousels and web forms
- How to apply clever patterns such as improved off-canvas navigation, assistant pattern, smart URL design, priority+ pattern, vertical media queries, ‘view mode’ approach, lazy loading, autocomplete, type-ahead search, filters, portrait/landscape orientation change, inventory-based sliders, the country selector and responsive iconography
- How to craft delightful interfaces with smooth transitions, clever animations and improve perceived performance along the way
- How to optimize responsive websites for better mobile UX, faster data input and higher conversion rates
- Design anti-patterns to avoid when designing a responsive site to prevent running into performance issues and “slow UX decay”
- How the design processes should adapt in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organization and strategy.
The price below includes light breakfast, snacks throughout the day and a full lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Full refund if you cancel before November 1st. We will offer you a 85% refund if you cancel before November 21, 2016. After that we cannot offer any refund. If you’re unable to attend consider transferring your ticket to a coworker or a friend.
First of all, the price is right! Vitaly’s workshops usually sell out at EUR 800 a ticket! Here, you’re getting a full day with him and a brilliant opportunity to interact and ask questions. And in terms of the concrete take-aways, you can’t beat these:
- The workshops covers more advanced techniques used in responsive design
- The knowledge needed to make you an even more valuable member of your team
- Learn tips and tricks from one of the world’s leading responsive design gurus
- An introduction to a new way of thinking about responsive design